I meant to write this post yesterday (I even took pictures of the food!), but I was in no fit state to do so (we are moving Lucas into his own bedroom and it’s been rough!). So here you go, today, I come with 2 recipes. They are not super original, but they taste divine! So much so that we are having the coleslaw again tonight.
- 1 lamb steak per person, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp of dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp of dried thyme
- Enough olive oil to cover it all
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
In a bowl, throw in all your ingredients. Leave to marinate at least 1 hour, the longer the better (put it in the fridge if you are going for overnight marinade!).
Heat up a frying pan. When smoking hot, pour all your marinated ingredients into the pan (leaving out as much oil as you can, there’s plenty there already). Fry until the lamb is cooked to your taste (I like it pink, personally).
- 1/3 of a red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 medium sized carrots, grated
- 1/3 of an iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1/2 onion, grated or very finely chopped
- About 150ml of yoghurt (1/3 of a pint pot)
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 of tsp of fennel seeds (or more to taste)
- 1/4 of tsp of cumin seeds (or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Throw all your vegetables into a salad bowl. In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Pour over the vegetables and stir well until all are covered. Cover and leave in the fridge for about 30min before serving.
I love the strong herby flavour of the lamb. And the freshness of the coleslaw with little bursts of spices makes it one of my favourite foods to have! Oh, and relatively cheap too!